About This File
Fellow Vampyre Hunters,
Welcome to The Expanded Mix - Dracula v2.1.
In this mix, you’re venturing into the unknown with Van Helsing as you hunt the monster himself. The noises you'll hear throughout will identify and progress that situation.
You’ll experience darker/heavier pre-launch intro songs and more sounds of Dracula with his concubines and castle spirits battling Van Helsing during play.
For example, unique to this mix, the coffin shots escalate Van Helsing’s assessment of the situation as you get further to opening the coffin mech and directly fight Dracula for the jackpot. The castle shots and locks have you facing off with the concubines and castle spirits for big jackpot shots. And much more...
THE EXPANDED MIX OVERALL:
Nearly every action has multiple songs or call-outs to choose from, all from the movie, and selected/edited for cohesion together and for the theme of the moment. Some actions in the game have anywhere from 3 to 5, 15 or 25 songs to choose from, while most actions with call-outs range from 1 to 5 options to cycle through.
- The rollovers act as Drac pulling you into the castle.
- The 2 sets of spot targets are the concubines.
- Slings and left ramp you're dealing with the castle spirits.
- Right orbit and drop targets are full of wolves and growls.
- The altar consists of rats and bad memories, etc. etc. etc.
The music you hear throughout the mix is from the original soundtrack and it’s unreleased bonus tracks, but also from dozens of alternates, B and C side songs they used in the movie that did not make the soundtrack. All tracks are ethically sourced, officially licensed and high quality copies that I was super lucky to stumble upon.
Wojciech Kilar’s music score for this is incredibly beautiful, and music played a big role in the creation of the movie, so I tried to lean into that when choosing sounds for certain things.
Please enjoy, and for the dead travel fast...
- Watch the movie. You will connect some dots on the sounds chosen, and enjoy the mix more if you did.
- Use a sub with the game to get the full audio experience. I have all Pyle speakers wired for stereo, with an external sub, and my volume is usually set to 7 or 8.
- Clear your Pinsound thumb drive completely, not just drag the last mix to the trash, but a quick and easy reformat/erase to wipe all unseen saved data. Google your thumb drive and computer type to learn how.
- After you’re cleared, drop the zip file of the mix directly into your reformatted/erased thumb drive, and simply plug it into the game, turn on for processing. If you get an error sound, let it go and on the third warning it should proceed through the upload.
- Switching the ‘Volume Change’ setting #8 in the Feature Adjustments menu to ‘No’. This helps avoid the game making random volume peaks and lows I’m not fond of. I think it sounds great with this set to off.
Edited by davebart5
What's New in Version v2.1 See changelog
No changelog available for this version.