By HazzardIT SEEMS I UPLOADED A VERSION WITH AN ERROR THE LAST TIME, CAUSING A PAUSE IN THE MUSIC BETWEEN SECOND AND THIRD BALL IN PLAY. THIS IS NOW CORRECTED,.
SO SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE!!!
It is highly recomended to wire your speakers in stereo!
1. Added a lot of new samples, both voices and general sounds.
2. Edited jingles to work more seamless with the game
3. Cleaned up some voice samples, and added a bit fx to some of them.
4. Renfield now has a greater vocabulary
5. Added more suspence and Jonathan voice to castle lock ready fx
6. Added original dracula laughter (although not that long one, too much noise ) for coffin multiball and other places.
7. Added Van Helsing quotes to shoot again for more storyline feel
8. Added Renfield Slam tilt warning voice
9. Rats cave now have multiple jingles
10. Outlanes now have multiple fx
11. Extra Ball now has new sound fx
12. New Van Helsing voice on Castle Multiball lock
13. Slingshots now panned slightly left right
14. Bonus X sound now has " Do not see me" every other time.
15. Mystery now has multiple fx
16. New Dracula sounds when he gets struck by stake`s during multiball, from the death scene (sliced in the throat with a huge knife/blade...Rather gory) in the movie...
17. Lots of other stuff I cant remember...
- New Blood dripping/splat sounds in mystery/ match sounds.
- Organized Van Helsing voices om coffin ramp shot
- Level adjustments for more focus on voices and event sounds.
- Added more bonus mulitplier voices from Mina getting the neckbite from Dracula (from the movie).
- Feel very satisfied with this update. Played a lot of games, and I might actually be finnished !
By davebart5Fellow Vampyre Hunters,
Thank you for the patience. After being prompted for an update, I felt compelled to tackle my built-up list of to-do’s and ideas before re-releasing it. I’ve sifted through the movie again for a lot more call-outs, added a killer new song to Rats, and built-upon, replaced or re-cut a lot of existing sounds. Everything stems from the film and it’s official score, and I try to stay true to the movie, even if it's a struggle to find the right sound.
This mix focuses on Dracula and the concubines vs Van Helsing. From here, I will start polishing the Lucy edition, which focuses on Lucy’s terrible condition transforming into a vampire. After that, I will likely make a final update to Dracula once and for all.
What I love about the mixes is that nearly every action has multiple songs or call-outs to choose from, all selected/edited for cohesion together and for the theme of the moment. Some actions in the game have anywhere from 3 to 5, 15 or 25 songs to choose from, while most actions with call-outs range from 1 to 5 options to cycle through.
The rollovers act as Drac pulling you into the castle. The 2 sets of spot targets are the concubines. Slings and left ramp you're dealing with the castle spirits. The Right orbit and drop target is full of wolves and growls. The altar consists of rats and bad memories, etc. etc. etc.
The music you hear throughout the mix is from the original soundtrack and it’s unreleased bonus tracks, but also from dozens of alternates, B and C side songs they used in the movie that did not make the soundtrack. All tracks are purchased, officially licensed, high quality copies that I was super lucky to stumble upon.
Wojciech Kilar’s music score for this is incredibly beautiful, and music played a big role in the creation of the movie, so I tried to lean into that when choosing sounds for certain things.
Please enjoy, and for the dead travel fast...
- Watch the movie. You will connect some dots on the sounds chosen, and enjoy the mix more if you did.
- Use a sub with the game to get the full audio experience. I have all Pyle speakers wired for stereo, with an external sub, and my volume is usually set to 7 or 8.
- Clear your Pinsound thumb drive completely, not just drag the last mix to the trash, but a quick and easy reformat/erase to wipe all unseen saved data. Google your thumb drive and computer type to learn how.
- After you’re cleared, drop the zip file of the mix directly into your reformatted/erased thumb drive, and simply plug it into the game, turn on for processing. If you get an error sound, let it go and on the third warning it should proceed through the upload.
- Switching the ‘Volume Change’ setting #8 in the Feature Adjustments menu to ‘No’. This helps avoid the game making random volume peaks and lows I’m not fond of. I think it sounds great with this set to off.