Welcome to the Radical! Pinsound mixes.
This mix features The Dickies "Killer Klowns" (1988) as the main play and ball lock song, along with Dead Kennedys "Halloween" (1982) as the multiball and mega millions.
The mix uses the v2 edition of foundation sounds (sfx/voices/general music) which offers new sounds almost everywhere and more refined volumes across the mix.
PLEASE NOTE: The video example below is playing the V1 edition. I will update with a video of v2 ASAP.
All sound assets are mostly pulled from late 80's skate videos. My focus is on that era, but some music will dip into 70's punk and possibly early 90’s. But that's about as far as I want to deviate from the late 80's into 1990 era. Mostly punk/rock with some hip-hop and more tunes on the way.
- The game starts and ends with voices from skaters getting ready to hit the ramps in the classic skate videos from the ’85-’90 era.
- There’s sounds of dropping into vert ramps at the in-lanes, boards rolling at the spinners, grinding against the stand ups, wheel skids at the slings, press cameras distracting you at the pops, hissing and striking snakes, falling off the board at the out-lanes, and more.
- Each R A D I C A L letter collected you'll hear a trick being performed and the crowd going wild.
- As you progress in the game the music will shift to match the mood of the growing accomplishments.
- There's a celebratory treat when you collect Mega Millions.
- At the end of every game there will be an ever-growing library of great music from my adventures in creating these mixes that it will randomly choose from to close out the match. Some are previews for mixes to come.
* If the image quality of the YouTube demo below is blurry, simply open it in YouTube or on their app, and you'll see more viewing quality options.