STTNG Sound Pack Won't Install

freddyst

Hello,

I just purchased my first Pinsound system (ultimate pack) and I have a problem. The sound card is cycling in the "Checking sound files, please wait." section when I try to load the basic zip files I downloaded onto the provided SanDisk unit. There is a drum and bass guitar playing in the background and a loud pop emanates about every 15 seconds or so. This process just keeps cycling and does not move forward.

Please advise.

• 4 months later...

I have the same game, same issue. I loaded the update on the flash drive which it did successfully and directed me to restart. after that I heard it say it was doing file conversion. now Im waiting as it says checking sound files over and over. I have no idea if its making progress or stuck in a loop. been going like this for 30 minutes. Im just using the standard sound files, nothing special.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Having a somewhat similar issue where the USB will not boot. Board will boot and the running light will run steady. However after waiting a while, (sometimes an hour) the USB and green light still will not load. However if the USB is pulled, wait then reinserted the green light will go and the USB will load, startup sounds and all. Then work flawlessly. Tried several USB's, reformatted then reloaded packs, updated board. Still will not boot the USB on board startup. Pinsound 1. Any leads here would be great. Thanks

Got exact same issue.

Just installed PinSoundPlus with preinstalled USB - first update of firmware was successful and now having an endless cycle of 'checking soundfiles, plz wait'. 

Status LED are all green but besides a 'pong' sound and '... Plz wait' nothing happens. 

Edited by MMG
typo correction

41 minutes ago, MMG said:

... having an endless cycle of 'checking soundfiles, plz wait'.... 

And suddenly it was finished. 

So if I will have to wait each time after powerUp to start with the game... Lets see. 

Unfortunately ni progress indication or anything else to let me patiently wait. 

On 5/25/2022 at 3:56 PM, MMG said:

And suddenly it was finished. 

So if I will have to wait each time after powerUp to start with the game...

So far no big waiting time needed during restart. 

Just had to be patiened when sounds being scanned during first time. 

So for me that point is fine now for me, besides further questions adressing how to use the features of PinSound :) could only find a short faq but no comprehensive manuals. 

• 8 months later...