The Addams Family

jeston

Hi to all,

I just got my pinsound card few days ago after about 6 months waiting, so I can't wait to get things started!

I'm currently trying to work on getting a remixed soundtrack for the Addams Family pinball and was wondering if there would be other people interested in this project.

I was really entusiat about the Slamtilt 25th year edtion remix, but it seems it's a bit broken for now (still I salute slamtilt effort and use his work as a valuable source)

Too many sounds running at the same time, loops that are not the proper lenghth or just can't loop properly. Sound effects used repetively, quotes with background music in it or too different from the original ones for my taste. Lack of indication about the game mode, etc...

So, here I am, trying to get a new remix based on the movie...

This means using as many quotes from the movie as possible while still keeping it as close to the original game (many quotes can be sampled from the movie, I'm already on that ;)).
Get music loops of the proper lenghth to avoid sounds overlapping each other.
Try to get a proper soundtrack that fits each game mode while being able to transition to the next one (THAT'S the hard part).
Rework on the special effects to get them more HD but still fit (not too many electric buzz everywhere...)

As you can see, this project is quite a lot of work for one person only so I was wondering if there would be other people interested in this project to make it a team effort and get things done.

I am no sound engineer and the original material available makes its kind of a constraint as well, but I think we could reach a satisfactory result using both movies, both movies soundtracks and maybe also some sound effects suite.

Right now the project is still what I would consider an early stage and therefore I wouldn't upload it here as it doesn't really worth it.

I'll be happy to send a copy of my work files to anybody who would like to work on it as well as to share the work load.

Right now I'm focusing mostly on getting the quotes from the movie to match the ones from the pinball and getting to understand how each music interract with the game as to replace them).

• 4 weeks later...

+ 1 !

I've just bought one board for my TAF ... wainting to receive it.

I Studie the sound of Slamtilt V2, and the music sound gorgeous !

But i'm agree with you, Jeston, the voices and the SFX don't seems to fixe well ...

Is there any way just to remastered the original voices ?! (those are the soul of this pinball, no!?;)

I will see with a friend if he can remox those voices ... and share it, here !!

Keep int touch :)

PS : Il n'y aurait pas des français qui auraient déja fait ce travail ?! :)

Salut,

en fait, j'ai déjà pas mal bossé sur les voix. Essentiellement tenter de récupérer les voix du film et les placer aux bons endroits pour tenter de garder les phrases les plus proches possible de l'original.

Certaines voix sont malheursement indisponibles (millions, jackpot, multiball, etc).

Vu que je je suis pas un ingé son, mais simplement j'ai tenté le truc, la qualité n'est pas la même que d'autres remix (tel que T2 qui à l'air formbidable).

Au niveau des musiques, slamtilt à aussi inclut beaucoup de musiques qui n'ont rien à voir avec le film (seance, addams broadway theme, etc).

Pour ce qui est des voix, le travail est relativement plus facile, ce qui est plus difficile ce sont les jingle et les effets speciaux tels que la sequence du ball drain.

En effet, pour celle-la il faut respecter un timing et un son est joué après l'autre en fonction du nombre d'éléments affichés sur le DMD.

Pour ce qui est des musiques, il faut tenter de voir à quel scenario du jeu chaque musique correspond et tenter que les loop soient interchangables entre elles, moins simple que pour le voix pour le coup.

Si il y a bien une règle commune, c'est de respecter les durée pour chaque son, sinon c'est la cacophonie garantie.

Tenter de normaliser les volumes aussi.

J'ai donc déjà un fichier que je pourrais qualifier de WIP, je vai regarder pour uploader ça histoire de ne pas avoir à tous faire 2 fois le boulot et tenter d'obtenir quelque chose de décent plus rapidement.

De bonnes ressources sont les 2 BO des films par Marc Shaiman (addams family et addams family values) et un bon Brip des films.

Niveau programme, je suis sous mac donc j'utilise audacity pour les loop.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Edit:

Bon je fais le tri dans mon WIP, j'avais commencé avant que la V2 de slamt1lt ne sois dispo, on a donc un peu bossé en parallèle sans trop le savoir.

Qui plus est je m'étais fortement inspiré de son mix (en même temps, la BO du film ne change pas et les sources pour les samples non plus...)

J'avais dans un premier temps posté un pack avec mes samples comme un ajout au mix de slamt1lt, mais après comparaison, je préfère paufiner mon pack (je viens de découvrir pinsound studio... avant j'avais tout fais sous Audacity...)

Je vais donc partir de mon WIP et y ajouter quelques trucs....

Je poseterai le lien du pack complet ici une fois plus avancé (je suis dessus là).

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

... Ha ça, je ne sais pas.

Mais la version :

The Addams Family OST By SLAMT1LT V2 2.0

est quand même pas mal. Quelques décallage et autre son SFX moisis mais dans l'ensemble elle est bien.

Faudrait l'améliorer. Comme par exemple mettre le son du THX pour le multiball ...