How can I recreate a stock sound package for Pinsound?

slizzap

Hey all,

I started another email thread specific to my pinball (Mary Shelley's Frankenstein), but I'm not getting any answers over there. So I figured I would make this question more broad than specific to that game.

I'm looking for information on how I can recreate the stock sound package for a pinball into a Pinsound package. I've gotten as far as putting the sound ROMs through M1/BridgeM1 and I have all of the audio extracted. I'll get around to removing silence, looping, volume levels, and all that fun stuff. But for now I'm just looking for direction on how I can create the mapping for the sound events. The stock sound package for my pinball is incorrect, so I'd like to start from scratch. I also have another pinball that I would like to purchase a Pinsound for in the future, but there are no sound sets for it. I understand that PinSound Studio has the ability to record, but based on my reading it does not sound like that will give me what I'm looking for, as it would only record the game I'm playing, and there are certain modes in the game that I have yet to be able to reach...therefore, I wouldn't be able to trigger the event. So I'm looking for guidance on how I can obtain/build the complete list of sound events for a given pinball game.

Hopefully there are some individuals on here that have created a stock pinball sound package available for download on this site that can help point me in the right direction. As it is now I can only move forward based on existing sound packages, and the stock sound package I have for my Frankenstein is already determined to be missing at least 8 sound clips. In fact, based on the audio dump from the ROMs, I have 37 clips that are unaccounted for when compared against the package available for download. So I have no way to verify it is complete, let alone accurate.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

I'd like to add that I tested the record feature of PinSound Studio but it only captures events that are defined in the sound package. As an example, I create a new sound package with only 3 specific audio events, enabled record, plugged the USB drive into my PinSound and played a game. When I played back the recording in PinSound Studio, it only showed 3 events (the ones I had in the sound package) but obviously many others should have shown up in the recording. So if the sound package is missing events/audio clips, I don't see any way for me to capture a complete list of audio events for the game to ensure the package is complete. So I'm not understanding how others are doing this and ensuring it's complete/accurate. This is a real concern of mine, since as nice as it is to have new remixes to add to my game, I sometimes prefer the stock sound. It's great having the option to switch between the 2, and I would want to revert to stock sound if I ever sell it in the future.

I've also found 1 sound clip in the package available for download that was not dumped when putting the ROMs through M1/BridgeM1, and it's a sound clip that I know to be in the game comparing against my stock board. So that also raises the question of how users are dumping the sound from the ROMs.

It would be great to have a complete guide on how to recreate stock sound packages.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/5/2022 at 6:54 PM, slizzap said:

I've gotten as far as putting the sound ROMs through M1/BridgeM1 and I have all of the audio extracted. I'll get around to removing silence, looping, volume levels, and all that fun stuff. But for now I'm just looking for direction on how I can create the mapping for the sound events.

I just installed PinSound and doing my first steps - do you have any HowTo for what you already were able to achieve? 

Sadly I cannot answer your questions, as I hardly can do what you already did so far :(

I just registered the PinSound Software, so maybe I just have to wait before I can really work with it... 

• 6 months later...